Sunday, April 26, 2009

Easter-long overdue!

Ok, it's been 2 weeks already since my last post. Life has been incredibly crazy recently and I'm praying that this week will be easier for our family. Swim lessons finally finished this week which is 2 hours in the car (going from work to pick Jackson up, head to lessons, and drive home) and Shane's softball season ends this Tuesday. That will mean our evenings will be family time again. Praise God! In the past 2 weeks, we've had some fun though. I'm going to do a few posts of some of the things we've been up to beginning with Easter.


Easter: We had an amazing service at Tempe Town Lake that morning. It was perfect weather after a rainy Saturday to praise the resurrection of our Lord with our church body. It was Jackson's first Easter that he had a slight understanding of what Jesus did for us on the cross and how He rose victoriously from the dead. Of course it's a 3 year old understanding, but it's a lot more than last year. I'm excited to watch him grow and learn more about the great God who entrusted us with him.


When we got home, we had an Easter egg hunt in the new backyard-he has an eagle eye and needed NO help at all from Mom and Dad.


Spending a rainy Saturday coloring eggs for the first time.













3 comments:

  1. I love the soccer Easter basket! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! My sisters, my cousin and I got our kids together to dye eggs and we had those same little plastic containers to put the dye in. I'd never seen them before and they were disastrous!! The boys would put their hands in it to pull out the egg and the dye would go everywhere!!!! It actually got to be funny, but it looks like your dying was a little cleaner!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice but we were only doing it with one child. I don't think I'll purchase those again. Next time, I'll use some sort of cup.

    ReplyDelete